Home » Archives by category » Community (Page 3)

Cypress Tuesday Night Food Trucks: Dos Chinos and Burger Monster

\ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \

Cypress Tuesday Night Food Trucks: Dos Chinos and Burger Monster

Words and Images by Jake Conlee Even when I’m home in Southern California, there isn’t a moment spent that I am not looking for my newest favorite thing ever (I am always looking for my newest favorite thing ever.) Whatever makes up our favorite things were at one point all brand new to us at one point. I […]

Dana Bowman, Double Amputee, Parachutes into San Diego

Dana Bowman, Double Amputee, Parachutes into San Diego

Dana Bowman deploys special chute honoring Coalition to Salute America’s Heroes If you happen to be in Embarcadero Marina Park midday Tuesday, you might have seen Dana Bowman, a member of Team Fastrax, America’s Skydiving Team, parachuting down with the American flag waving proudly behind. Bowman, a retired Special Forces Soldier and former member of the […]

Rods, Customs and Tuners, Oh my. Allred’s Customs in Oceanside.

\ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \

Rods, Customs and Tuners, Oh my. Allred’s Customs in Oceanside.

Words and Images by Jake Conlee I am a person of simple pleasures. There are few things in this world which I truly covet, and hold in the highest regards when it comes to piquing my interest. From a very early age, I took a very fervent and passionate liking to all things automotive. My […]

Bryce Beckley of Heartist talks debut of new album, touring and creating a new rock band comeback

\ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \

Bryce Beckley of Heartist talks debut of new album, touring and creating a new rock band comeback

by Liz Tarnof Informer Media Group We all look for something new, something different and something out of the ordinary.   Heavy metal band Heartist is here to do just that. Known for deep gritty vocals, heavy guitar riffs and an all-around unique and intense sound, they’ve quite literally swept us off our feet. We […]

Pawtriotic Tribute to Wounded Warriors with Service Dog Education and Assistance Foundation

Pawtriotic Tribute to Wounded Warriors with Service Dog Education and Assistance Foundation

Gander, National PTSD Service Dog Ambassador and Veteran Pin-up Model Gina Elise to be honored guests at Mission Brewery Petbox, a San Diego startup and Mission Brewery will host a fund raiser for the Service Dog Education and Assistance Foundation and their wounded warrior access initiative code named Project Fetch on June 28 from 11 […]

Fab Fair: San Diego County Fair is Back!

\ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \

Fab Fair: San Diego County Fair is Back!

By Jake Conlee Images by San Diego Informer Summer has officially begun and what better way to kick off the summer than a visit to the San Diego County Fair? No matter your age, there is always something fun and interesting at the San Diego County fair, brought to you by Albertson’s/SavOn. The SD Fair […]

“Mr. Padre,” Tony Gwynn Loses Battle with Cancer

\ \ \ \ \ \ \

“Mr. Padre,” Tony Gwynn Loses Battle with Cancer

By Admin, with Contributor, Lenny Crespo Image Property of Topps Sadly, the sporting world and San Diego lost the great Tony Gwynn today. The consummate San Diego sports hero, Gwynn brought a sense of pride to SDSU Aztec Baseball and San Diego Padre Baseball, and he was someone that the whole city could rally behind. I remember seeing […]

\ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \

Sunset Sessions 2014: Rising Rock ‘n’ Rollers

by Liz Tarnof If you are an up and coming artist, a label company, music manager, booking agent, VJ or possibly some combination of all these, Sunset Sessions is where you want to be. Sunset Sessions is a huge industry event, bringing together amazing talent coupled with every kind of industry person you can think […]

Six Hours in San Diego: The Layover

\ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \

Six Hours in San Diego: The Layover

Seaport Village at dusk image- Seaport Village Words By: Jake Conlee I have always loved San Diego; but not because of the weather, the beautiful setting of having the Pacific as the backdrop, the useable outdoor spaces which makes this city a multi-purpose city; I love San Diego because it is unlike anywhere else. Even […]

From California to Las Vegas to Colorado to Texas: Part of the journey of the Ford truck for the Warrior Dog Foundation

From California to Las Vegas to Colorado to Texas: Part of the journey of the Ford truck for the Warrior Dog Foundation

Written and photography by Debbie Hall Beginning in California, an anonymous supporter of the Warrior Dog Foundation donated their Ford truck over Memorial Day weekend to be custom wrapped by Las Vegas Car Wraps and then to be donated to the Warrior Dog Foundation. The wrap will brand the truck with custom artwork donated from […]

Page 3 of 512345

Join The Informer Mailing List

Check your email and confirm the subscription